The Waves Bowls Club Caloundra formerly known as The Caloundra Bowls Club has a
long history within the Caloundra Community. The first committee meeting of
Caloundra Bowling Club was held at the School of Arts on August 30, 1944 and the club
was officially formed when a site was selected and purchased in September 1944. The
club commenced operations in 1948 and has operated in the same location since that
Several changes have been made to the club, but three of the best grass greens on the
Sunshine Cost remained until the club was finally sold and taken over by Across The
Waves Club from Bundaberg in 2018. The Waves Club believed that in keeping with the
Lawn Bowls future trend that it needed to install synthetic surfaces and cut back to
just 2 greens. Work commenced on the installation of the carpet in July 2020. In the
future there are plans to cover both greens with a hard roof to enable bowls to be
played in all types of weather.
The members voted to change the name of the bowling club to “The Waves Bowls Club
Caloundra”. The bowling club now operates as a sub-club and is a separate entity to
the licensed club. The aim now is to make The Waves Bowls Club Caloundra the
Number One Venue for Lawn Bowls on the Sunshine Coast.